Sunday, June 1, 2014

post #1 My Day




I'm going to try a 30 day blogging challenge to try and get back into blogging regularly, so here goes day #1!

Saturday mornings are usually rough for me.  I work thursday and friday from 9 am until 7 pm (or so)  and then on fridays i sometimes go grocery shopping after work before i head out of town.  so on saturdays i am usually exhausted!  i'm not as young as i used to be, that is for sure!

Yesterday i had a busy day ahead of me and i was a bit grumpy about it, but i forced myself up and out of the house anyway.  A very special friend of mine organizes a Pink Tulip Festival in our little town (to support breast cancer awareness) so this was to be our first stop.




  A few minutes after getting there some of our family showed up with a few of my favorite things!  And my absolute favorite things in this whole wide world are my five grandsons!  this is charlie, grandson #4

                                 

At the Tulip Festival there was a plant sale (amazingly i didn't buy any), bake sale (i bought everyone pink cupcakes) and some John Deere mowers and such (grandson Joe loved them)  Seeing my babies improved my mood immensely!

We left the Festival and wandered around the farmers market in town.  i've been trying to make it there for the past couple of weeks, but like i said, Saturday mornings are rough :(  It's been a cool and damp spring here in Maine and the crops are slow in coming so far.  There was lots of seedlings and i did buy 8 basil seedlings.  I also bought some fermented probiotic stuff that a lady from Bar Harbor makes.  I'm gonna give it a try and see how I feel.

I decided that i wanted to go shop a little before we headed home, so we headed to Mardens and I bought an inflatable pool and some pool things for the boys.  Now i just hope we get some summer weather this year!

I then went home and prepared a delicious pizza casserole for our church supper club.  A group of ten of us has gotten together three times now to share a meal and fellowship.  Last night we hosted and we all had a wonderful time.  I am really happy that we have found a church home and family!

Well, there you have it!  My day!  




2 comments:

  1. You have the cutest grandbabies. I love how close you are to them all. Sounds like you had a great day. I am looking forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete