Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Day #4 household pet peeves

These are currently my top 5 pet peeves around the house.  that would be my house or any house

1.  dishes piled up so high in the sink that you can't possible wash them without taking them all out.  if you can't wash them right away, then neatly stack them off to the side.  however, i have learned in my life that life is much easier if you just take the couple of minutes to wash a few things at a time now and then throughout the day.  btw  i've never used a dishwasher.

2.  laundry (clean or dirty) taking over the living area.  laundry is something that should be done every day. put a load in in the morning then move it to the dryer in the evening, or the reverse.  fold it and put it away or fold it and put it back in the basket and put the basket in the bedroom until you do put it away.  i tend to do laundry all week and then put it away one time.  but when we had five of us here i put it away daily.

3.  not being able to walk around barefoot in the house.  there is nothing worse than crumbs and dirt sticking to your feet!!!! yuck!!!  not to mention crawling babies and playing toddlers picking up all kinds of stuff off of the floor.  it takes 2 minutes to do a quick sweep once a day on the kitchen and run the vacuum over the carpet once a day.

4.  dirty kitchen counters.  now, i have white ones so i can see every crumb and spill.  but if you have dark ones you can't.  but just because you can't see anything does not mean its not there.  kitchen counters should be wiped down a lot!!!!!

5.  overly full trash can in the kitchen.  again, it takes 2 minutes to tie up the bag, put it out and replace it.  i'd say you should be doing that at least every other day if you have a family.


Now i will admit that i have a touch of OCD.  some would disagree with the word "touch"

it really does only take a few minutes here and there to keep your house "presentable"  i'm not talking about having a perfect, spotless home. just presentable.

i personally cannot function unless there is some semblance of order.

As a former stay at home mom i always tried to shoot for the house to look like i did accomplish something during my day. i know, i know, taking care of children is something.  but i'm old fashioned and always believed that a man should come home to an orderly home and a meal on the table. at the very least.




2 comments:

  1. So glad you are back to blogging.....I'm really enjoying catching up!!!! I keep trying to be consistent w/ my blogging, but still haven't been.....I have been grabbing the camera more here and there, so that when I do post, I'll have some pics to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to your daily blogs....you might inspire me to do the same! I too like an orderly house. I don't have a dishwasher either, but my dishes do get washed several times a day. My new house is easier to keep clean. That is one reason I was happy to leave my 4 bedrooms and three baths. Now, you really do need to neaten things away...or you can't move. You definitely have my vote for "Let's keep up with the housework....no matter what!" Looking forward to your next blog....

    ReplyDelete