Monday, June 9, 2014

Day #9 is modesty dead?

i sure hope not.  but i don't see tons of signs that it isn't.

this post is prompted by seeing short shorts in church yesterday.  i was not a happy camper. but seeing as i wrote a post about judging others yesterday, i'm trying real hard to just pray that those who dress immodestly are doing it out of ignorance and not pride.

i don't want to see cleavage, thighs, bellies, backs, etc. male or female.  i only want to see arms and legs (knee down)  anything else, to me, is immodest dress.  ESPECIALLY IN CHURCH!!!!!

now don't get me wrong, i am not a legalistic, dress code for church kind of person.  skirt, dress, slacks, shorts (appropriate length) are all ok with me.  jeans are awesome as long as they are not skin tight.

and this doesn't just apply to church time for me.  it is my opinion that it is a prideful heart that provokes a woman to wear revealing clothing.  and short shorts are revealing.  two piece bathing suits are revealing.  what are they advertising?  not a good thing.

i expected modest dress from my daughter and she was fine with that and she still is.  i think that dressing modestly shows that you respect yourself and those around you.

i'm just going to go ahead and say it:   sexual sin and immodest dress go hand in hand.
i could say much more and quote scripture, but i'm just going to leave it at that.

2 comments:

  1. yes I agree with you, unfortuanately most of it is out of ignorance, and the problem is that most ministers wont touch the subject!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. We have all kinds of dress in our church...dressy to casual. And I can honestly say...all of them look fine. On the same topic it amazes me when women wear tops that show their cleavage and then put a hand up to cover it and act as if they wonder what you are looking at.

    ReplyDelete