Sunday, June 8, 2014

Day #8 not being judgemental

not be judgemental?

is it even possible?

even when we think we are not.

we are.

i do it all the time.

i judge people by the car they drive:  crappy old clunker must be a welfare mom on her way to walmart.     brand new lexus must be a snooty rich lady on her way to get her nails done.

i judge people by what they are wearing (i'd hate to think what my attire speaks to others, ugh)

i judge people by what they do and what they don't do

i judge people by all sorts of standards.

i think its human nature to draw conclusions about people when you don't know much about them.

doesn't make it right and it's totally unproductive.

i personally have been working on it.

my being judgemental, that is.

when you stop to realize that everyone else is just like me. with a story.  good or bad or somewhere in between.

everybody comes from somewhere and everybody is going somewhere.

why are we here?

i've found that answer for myself.  isn't it my obligation to help someone else discover that answer?

and how can i do that if i don't get past the facades of life?

my first step on this journey?

prayer.

instead of my first reaction to someone being to judge them.  i pray for them.  i lift them up to God and ask for a blessing for them.

whether it's a coworker, or someone you pass in walmart regularly (that happens a lot here in maine!), or a stranger walking down the road.

pray for them.

it's like giving them a gift

and receiving one yourself

1 comment:

  1. This is so moving Karen. Thank you. I needed this to show me how I can get over my "judging" attitude. Thanks for the jumpstart. :-)

    ReplyDelete