Friday, January 27, 2017

Word Keeping


I think I've written before about my notebook addiction.
However, it's more than an addiction.

It is a randomly efficient and simple way for me to keep track of all of those words out there floating in and out of my life.

These words are important to many different areas and aspects of my life.

I corral and organize them (somewhat) into notebooks!

I use simple, cheap composition notebooks found at Walmart for 99c (or less) 

These notebooks hold my thoughts, ideas, scripture, wisdom, RANTS, recipes, just about everything.  obviously I have very little usable space in my head.

I take those plain notebooks and make them fancy (fancy by my standards)
I cut card stock to fit on the front cover, glue it down, edge with clear package tape or fancy duct tape if I have it, and slap on a label.  

These are my current notebooks:

journal:  weather, random daily notes, rants, complaints, praises, happy, notes to my grand babies.

bible study & prayer journal:  I write out scripture-it helps me to focus on what I'm reading.

food diary:  what I eat and what I might want to eat!

gardening:  journaling, planning, assessing

homesteading:  chicken notes and other outdoor plans

projects & ideas:  planning notes for birthdays, events, indoor projects, crafting, sewing.  I keep this one nearby when I'm on pinterest.

blog:  ideas, outlines, rough drafts

things to do locally idea book--I also write down things we've done or gone and notes about them.

gifts:  as in 1,000.  When I can remember to write stuff down, this is where it goes.  I started it a couple years ago when I read the book.  I'm up to 223!

trips:  I used this journal when we went on a cruise a few years ago.  If I ever go on another real vacation (I live in vacationland)  then I will take it along!



these two on top are covered in calendar pages I saved!

2 comments:

  1. Like your idea of making low cost notebooks fancy. I tried my hands on making envelops with colourful calendar pages. Nice ideas.

    ReplyDelete