Monday, January 2, 2017

i am washed by the water

this may be all over the place.  just a warning.

what i really want to write about, what i really feel an intense need to write about....is....gah!!!!!
see?!  the topic i want to write about is so complicated, yet simple.  so personal, yet universal.  so layered, yet of single, epic importance!

the title of this post should be

Men who won't spiritually lead their families and the generational consequences that could have.

that title is too long.....so i chose the other one

i've been having struggles lately......heck....i've been having struggles my whole stinking life.

and it all comes down to....

you got it!

Men who won't spiritually lead their families and the generational consequences that could have.

yep.

i've been struggling lately.  a few days ago I felt God telling me to write out psalm 119.  it took me days.  it's long.  go look it up!  i never gave up.  the message was clear.  put nothing before God.  nothing.  no one.  nothing.

sometimes i wonder if i do whats right.  if i stand for what is right.  i have no doubts.  God is clear with me.  i just gotta listen.

even when the rain comes, even when the flood starts rising, even when the storms come, i am washed by the water.  even if the earth crumbles under my feet, even if the ones i love turn around and crucify me. i won't never ever let you down.  i won't fall, i won't fall, i won't fall as long as your around me.  (needtobreathe)

so this post may have just been a preview of a much deeper conversation about christian men and their responsibility before God to protect their families, physically and spiritually.  it may be a preview of a much deeper conversation about being a church goer giving you an extremely false sense of spiritual security.

maybe.





2 comments:

  1. So many times when I read your blog, I think, "I wish she lived beside me and we could talk about everything!" You are a deep thinker and I love that! I love that you speak out (on the computer) for the things that are right. I am a shy person and I try to let my life speak for itself. Which doesn't show up much on the computer. I am even shy about commenting. So, when you post these great things, I say Yes!!!! (Inside, of course, Ha!) I agree with this post. It is my life. I worry, and pray and pray for my kids and grandkids.
    I love the things you wrote about doing for others during the year instead of Christmas. I am not bothered by celebrating Christmas, but I am really bothered by the excess. And, if I could bless others during the year by some of your ideas, I would not be so worried about doing so much at Christmas. I'm really glad you take the time to blog your thoughts. It encourages me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worry about sharing the deep thoughts, i worry about not sharing them. The world is full to overflowing with people smiling behind the pain, the worry. When i read blogs i want truthful ideas and helpful encouragement, not phony sugar and spice! Thanks for reading susan!

      Delete