Monday, February 13, 2017

Stop the World! I Want to get OFF!!!

Ok. I may say some things that you won't agree with.  Don't worry.

You will get over it.  I promise!

I'm Christian......I'm conservative.......I'm pro-home school.......I'm pro-life..........I support traditional marriage only........I am not a feminist.

Have I ticked you off yet?   I'm not done.

I'm white.......some say that makes me "privileged"

I grew up in a lower middle class family.  We weren't poor because my parents worked hard to provide.

I married and we raised our family in a lower middle class environment. I was a stay at home mom and my husband had the "privilege" of busting his butt as a UPS driver to provide for his family.

Now we are grandparents and our main concern in life is how to shelter, protect, and teach this next generation how to survive in a world where UP is DOWN.

I've got to tell you....the 'world' scares the @&$# out of me.  I'm finding it hard to focus on the important stuff because of all the voices and opinions I am bombarded with on a daily basis.

I want to go through my days with no outside interference. Cleaned up my facebook. Unfollowed everything. There is nothing in my feed. Facebook thinks I've gone mad. I can be 'friends' but not have to read everything unless I want to.  I wear earplugs A LOT! That darned news can be on, but I don't have to let it invade my peace.

Do I want to bury my head in the sand?

Why yes, yes I do!

I only want to focus on the good stuff and pray about the rest

Yep....putting the blinders on and the world can carry on without me!

1 comment:

  1. Listening to the news makes me mad and very anxious!! I used to watch every night but rarely now. You are so blessed to live in your little world and I love reading about it!!

    ReplyDelete