Friday, September 2, 2016

pig's snout

Proverbs 11:22

A beautiful woman who lacks discretion
is like a gold ring
in a pig's snout.

I came across this description a few days ago in my bible study as I was looking something else up.

Something in my jumbled head said "write about this"

so here I go:

discretion:  the quality of behaving or speaking in such a way as to avoid causing offense or revealing private information.

I'm going to talk about having discretion in the way a woman dresses.  Dressing in such a way that you keep what should be private, private.

This summer I've been nursing a sore heel.  Since I think doctors are a waste of time and money (for the most part)  I diagnosed myself as having achilles tendinitis and prescribed stretching and resting.  I did this using Google, of course.

Anyway.............

I have spent a lot of time out in public......sitting and waiting for my client rather than walking, walking, walking.  Some call it "people watching"  Mostly at Walmart.

I have seen more skin, tattoos, and piercings this summer than I care to tell you.  I am disgusted.
And before you think that its a worldly problem, I gotta say it happens at church also.  I now have a new rule for church, if someone is dressed inappropriately (in my opinion)  I leave.

Now, here is an admission:  I wore some short shorts back in the day.  And out in public at times.  But, here is the point.  I was never taught any better and when I learned how a woman should dress I changed and taught my daughter the right way.

So, I can't "make" woman dress modestly.  I can't make them wear shorts and skirts and shirts of a longer length  I can't make them cover up their cleavage and their crack.  I can't make them act like a lady.  If they want to be like a pig with a gold ring in their nose with which they are led around by the whims of the world, then so be it.

The funny thing about the inappropriate attire is that women say its unfair to put restrictions on how they dress.  You know what is unfair?  Women think they are being treated "equal" when they are really being exploited in the name of fairness.

1 comment:

  1. I am disgusted at some of the things I see too. I think the majority of people don't want to see it either. I honestly think dressing modestly makes a person look more classy. Why do they think it looks good?? Ugh!

    ReplyDelete