Friday, September 30, 2016

Honor you mother and father

I don't have a relationship with my mother.  My father is gone now and I didn't have much of one with him either.  There has been no disrespect.  No fights.  No words.  Just different lives.  Different opinions.  One wants everything on their terms only.  And one doesn't.  One wants to live and let live. The other one doesn't.

There are some who say that by not having a relationship with them is breaking God's commandment to honor you parents.  I don't think it does, but I can't be totally sure.  I guess God will tell me someday.

In the meantime, I guess, I could go over the scriptures with a fine toothed comb and come up with a bunch of references that support my position.  The position that it's best for my emotional well being to be "disconnected".  That it's better for my spiritual well being to not have to compromise my faith in order to have a relationship.

Of course I could also find many references that support the cause of making amends, having a relationship, keeping the peace.  Even if it goes against all I really feel is best.

sigh...........I guess I will just wait on God to tell me Himself which way is right.

And in the meantime, I will have to rely on God's forgiveness.............I know He understands this complex human dilemma.

No comments:

Post a Comment