Monday, December 23, 2019

Happy Holidays!

I looked at the calendar yesterday and realized that this week ALL of the holidays of December are in the same week.
So if I say Happy Holidays don't get upset that I'm "taking the Christ out of Christmas" (I'm still not sure that He would be happy about "Christmas")
I'm looking forward to the Solstice*, not because I'm a pagan, but because my body and mind are screaming for more light (physical, actual light, not spiritual--I've got that covered!)
Hanukkah begins next week also. As Christians we don't celebrate this one but if we say we support Israel we better be respectful of their celebrations and festivals. After all these are the people that worship the one true God (unlike the Muslim who do not)
Boxing day in Canada  is the day after Christmas. I know nothing about this holiday other than it is another non-religious holiday and seems to be harmless.  (see my disclaimer below about Halloween)
And finally, Kwanzaa.  I don't know much about this holiday.  I do know that it is a more modern celebration and that it is a cultural, not religious celebration.  I would assume it is on par with St. Patrick's Day.
So, you see, there are many holidays this week. I do not believe that you are somehow lessening Christ if you wish someone a Happy Holiday!
I think Christians should worry way more about their participation in Halloween than in saying Happy Holidays. Just think about how much Happy Halloween is thrown around by Bible believing Christians! Unreal and truly anti-Christ.
*a disclaimer that I must put on here and let the chips fall where they may: I will not acknowledge or well wish on holidays that have anything to do with satanism/muslim/lgbtxyz or anything in that line of thought. And before you call me names that end in "phobic or ism" just click off my page and go along your merry way.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

**I typed this out before the solstice

No comments:

Post a Comment