Sunday, October 1, 2017

The 30 day challenge

It's hard to believe that I have not blogged for a few months.  Such is my life, so busy and full, but I am feeling the need to empty my thoughts more.  That is why I have this blog.  Oh, and the other reason is that I am an introvert and still feel the need to communicate!

On September 1st I began a 30 day exercise challenge.  Since I injured my achilles a year and a half ago I have become somewhat lazy on that front.  I set out to walk outdoors or on the elliptical machine for a minimum of 20 per day.

Well, the results are in!  Out of the 30 days I ended up with 24 completed and 6 that I did not walk.  The majority of the failed days were in the last week or so as I caught a head cold and used it as an excuse.

I discovered from my efforts this past month that I am a total procrastinator (I already knew that) and most days I walked on the elliptical between 7 and 8 pm!  There were a few things that I liked about exercising that late in the day.  I kept the room dark and listened to music with my headphones.  It was kind of nice.  I also probably burned off some of my dinner calories.

However, my mind still says that I should go for walks outdoors as much as possible--in the fresh air and sunshine.


When I set out in the beginning of September I had a few people ask if I was going to count steps, as fit bitting is now all the rage.  I do not count steps.  I do see the advantage of it in that it reminds people to move more and sit less.  But what I am after are the benefits of bumping my heart rate up for 20 + minutes at a time.

October is a beautiful month to get out and walk before winter sets in.  Who wants to join me?

3 comments:

  1. I think you were very successful, too! Sometimes we look at the things we don't do instead of the things we do right. Be blessed!

    Signing up to follow you on GFC.
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I received a forbidden error when I tried to follow. Not sure why. Who knows the depths of Google?

      Delete