Tuesday, January 14, 2014

new baby!



this is my newest grandson!

meet charlie!!!!!

he is beautiful & wonderful & special & i am too overwhelmed to say much more.  

ahhhh

i can breathe for a bit until the next baby comes due in february!

i am trying to work out a schedule to make sure that i spend some time each week with each baby.  of course, charlie will get some extra because i will want to spend time with his mama!

my plan is to take joey and ethan for overnights once a week so they get some one on two attention from me.

well, its january in maine and that means a thaw and rain.  at least the warmer temps and rain have washed away the ice, but there is still a lot of winter ahead of us.

its a new year and i've purposed myself again to make it a better year weight-wise for me.  i know i've gained back some because of not watching my intake (it doesn't take much for me) and not walking as much as i should.  otherwise, physically i feel pretty good, but i've got 5 boys i'm gonna have to run after!!!

i've also set a goal to up my percentage of raw food in my daily diet.  i'm pretty good about eating the raw veggies every day, i'm not a big fruit person, but i've been juicing more and making fruit/veggie mixes.  i feel best when there are no processed foods in my diet and that i've pretty much got a handle on it.

i've been cooking A LOT lately because julie was on bedrest for a couple weeks before charlie came.  i cooked so much last week that i fed us and the 3 other families!!!!  boy were they happy to get my food deliveries!

eating more raw food cuts down on the cooking but there is still prep involved in a lot of things if you are going to be creative to ward off boredom.

i'm still working the 2 longs days each week, and as much as i'd rather not work at all, i do like that i have the extra money to spend on my babies and help the kids out when i see a need.

in the crafting dept. i haven't decided what my next projects will be.  i know i will be starting charlies scrapbook and updating joeys.  i can't do it for everyone, so at least for now i did my first grandson, and my daughters first child.  we will see how it goes from there!

i am planning on making my own deodorant and shampoo.  those two things are so full of badness that i can't ignore anymore!  gonna give it a try--hey, i'm not picky!

i've been trying to focus on my bible study more.  right now i'm working through a book called "finding calm in life's chaos" or something like that.  ehhh, its ok.  i have gleaned some very useful stuff from it so far, but it is not captivating at all.  

i've also just started working my way through the book of job.  now, i'm a fearful person.  i worry a lot about what hasn't happened. i gotta stop that!  why, oh why, would i pick that book?  don't know, just feel compelled.  

i'm also trying to be continuously in prayer.  i've worked on it for years and i finally feel like i have gotten into a rythmn. i don't have to set aside a time to do "it"  i just need to talk to God, He's always there!

well, thats whats going on here on the wink!











4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new baby! And one in February. You are going to be a busy, busy grandma. Your comments on Bible study and your faith journey are so like mine. I have in the last two years learned to do the "continuous prayer". It is really quite easy. All it took for me was to realize that God doesn't have any rules about talking to Him....He is always there. So when I pray, I pray...short,long,whatever. Middle of the night, middle of the day, walking, washing dishes. I know He hears me. As for Job. I studied it on my own several years ago. A scholarly book was what I had. It helped me not at all. I think Job is a good book to study, but not one that is very clear to anyone. Even the educated people have trouble with it. Anyway....enjoy the new grandson. And the one to come. My best to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm going through job 5 verses (more or less) at a time and then summarizing in my bible study journal.(i use matthew henry for a bit of clarification when needed) i'll let you know how that goes--i'm still at the beginning :)

      Delete
  2. Charlie is so precious, adorable, and gorgeous. Ahhh I love babies! How blessed you are. You are such a wonderful bubbie spending time with each one and cooking for them. I love being able to help my kids too and buy little things for the babies. You make me think a lot of myself.
    I read my Bible every day, but I really need to study more. I have a small Sunday School class and I find myself always searching for stuff to teach them instead of studying for myself (which I need).
    I really enjoyed reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the arrival of Charlie! He is a sweetie! Praying for the arrival of the next grandbaby! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete