Wednesday, August 10, 2016

social media = a distracted life

I signed out of facebook a week ago.  (deactivated)
I signed back in last night, looked around for about two minutes, and promptly signed back out. (deactivated)

Now, to be fair, I have another facebook account that only has three friends on it.  My daughter and two daughter in laws.  We use it to do bible study.  So, I can peek at pics of my grandchildren (which I don't really need to because they live right here) but not click like, not comment.  The downside to this is that the sidebar of trending topics is still there screaming a few lines of wordly filth at me.

What I've noticed this past week is that I'm praying more.  Now that's a biggie!!!!
My thoughts are clearer and I feel a lot calmer.  Reading all of that stuff on facebook world was causing me to have a jumbled head and an anxious heart.

I've already begun to fill up a notebook with future blogging posts and topics for posts to ponder.
I had accomplished a ton of stuff in the past week as far as my crafting, home organizing, gardening, and chickening go.

To sum it all up:  I feel soooooo much better!!!!

Am I abandoning facebook?  No.
Am I going to stay away longer?  Yes
Am I going to unfollow everything?  Yes
Will I clean up my friends list?  it's already in pretty tight shape, so I don't know.

I've been listening to Rich Mullins on Pandora Radio.
I wrote this line from a song down in my bible study notebook:

        Save me from those things that might distract me

the song goes on to say, I think:

       take them away and purify my heart
     
this is the goal.

1 comment:

  1. yes. there are times we just have to take care of business, soul and mind. love you! <3

    ReplyDelete