Wednesday, February 26, 2014

diy

Diy deodorant
I've been concerned about the link between all of the chemicals we  put in and on our bodies, so i made my own deodorant. It is not an antiperspirant, so if you sweat a lot, you may want to pass. I have found that it works well for keeping your pits smelling fresh!

This is the recipe i used:

6 tblsp coconut oil
1/4 c.baking soda
1/4 c.cornstarch
Essential oil of your choice ( i used peppermint)

Melt the coconut oil and whisk in the dry ingred. Add as many drops of oil as you want, i added about 15 but could have used more.
I poured mine into a clean jar and i apply using my fingers.
It hardened more than i thought it would, so next time i'm going to line a small round bowl with clear wrap and pour in the slightly cooled mix. Then when it hardens i can take it out, keep it wrapped up and rub it on my armpits.  You could also fill a used deodorant container.
I've been using this for a few weeks now and love it. However it is winter, so in summer we will see if it has to be applied more often .

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully some day I will be making this! I think it is great to get rid of as many chemicals as we can.

    ReplyDelete