Tuesday, August 6, 2013

being positive

always moving forward.
trying to be positive
life is what YOU make it
not what others try to make it for you.

there!

august in downeast maine is usually one of the top 3 months of the year. bugs are usually gone, sunny days, cool nights.  its been a wet summer so far, wetter than normal but not horribly dreary. and i'm still getting bit by black flies and mosquitos.

it is a beautiful morning here after a cold night.  i think it got down into the upper 40's.  but its supposed to be around 80 today.  i have no where i need to go today, and for that i am thankful.

breakfast is done, jeffs gone to work, laundry is started and some vacuuming done. now i'm enjoying my 2nd cup of coffee.

i guess i'm sticking with this blog being a glimpse into my life.  someone might wonder what its like to live in a double wide on six acres in the middle of the woods somewhere along the coast of maine. they also might be curious how others are coping/enjoying having an empty nest and enjoying their ever-growing families.

what are we doing? what are we cooking? what are we crafting?  some of us may still be in the midst of homeschooling, others finished, and others like me planning the schooling of the next generation.

i guess this blogs about sharing. 

i'm curious about what its like to live in other parts of this great country.  i like to find out what other like - minded people are up to.  and i like having a connection with others that i can't have any other way.  i've made some really good friends (on xanga) that mean the world to me, and i've never even met them.  someday i hope to!

anyway, if you are just happening upon this blog, welcome!!!  i'm going to try to be upbeat and optimistic from this point on. however, i am human, and at times have my trials and need to get it out, so that may happen too!

if you are an old friend, thanks for caring and reading my blog. i'm trying to keep up with others blogs, the ones on blogspot are easier than the ones on wordpress, and i'm gone from xanga altogether.

gotta go! lots of stuff on my to do list today : organize and clean cabinets in the mud room, walk minimally two miles, weed my garden and see whats ready to be picked today, and do some crafting; right now i'm working on my daughters baby shower invitations.

have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Looks as if you have a busy day in front of you Karen. I miss Xanga because it seemed as if most of the people I met on there were friends. But life does go on. Packing boxes today. Moving day is getting closer. But it has been raining on and off for two weeks here. Not good weather to stain and finish trim...which is the last job before we move. All in good time. Trying to be patient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If our son and daughter-in-love lived a little closer, I'm sure I'd get into helping with their homeschooling! I'd have so much fun with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. My I Was Pipsqueak blog is not for all the world to know. It's pretty personal, so please don't say anything on FB about it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always a pleasure to read your blog, Karen. I hope we get to be neighbors in Heaven! Please know that you remain in my prayers. Thank you for blogging! It's a privilege to see what your corner of the world is like! You are a truly delightful person. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are busy. I have to just check in to see if you have updated. I don't know how to get your updates. sigh. But I'll figure it out eventually.

    ReplyDelete